1) The title in the goods remains with Hereward Carpets until paid for in full.
2) All orders must be paid for prior to delivery/fitting. Cheques to be paid 10 days prior for clearance.
3) We reserve the right to make a charge if you decide to alter or cancel your order.
4) We reserve the right to take and use pictures/videos for printed and online marketing purposes.
1) The room(s) where your new flooring is to be laid must be clear of furniture/appliances; otherwise a charge will be made. Please let us know in ADVANCE, as we will need to allocate more time.
2) All existing carpets/ floor coverings must be uplifted prior to fitting, otherwise a charge will be made.
3) If required, Hereward Carpets can dispose of old carpets and floor coverings. This is a chargeable extra.
4) We require a minimum of 48 hours notice for fitting cancellations. We reserve the right to make a charge of up to 50% of the fitting cost if less than this notice is given.
5) In many cases, your floor-covering will have been priced with the old floor-covering in-situ. It is possible, upon removal of the existing floor covering, that repair work is needed to the floor to ensure a level surface. This extra work is chargeable.
6) We cannot accept responsibility for customer’s own measurements.
7) We do not recommend laying vinyl flooring over any existing floor–covering – including ‘Marley’ tiles. This may (in time) affect the colour of your new vinyl.
8) Any necessary joins will be made as inconspicuous as possible, but cannot be guaranteed to be invisible. We do not recommend the joining of ‘loop’ pile carpets.
9) All articles of value should be removed before fitting i.e. clocks, pictures, wall plates, ornaments, light fittings, television and hi-fi equipment as Hereward Carpets are unable to accept any responsibility for items such as these.
10) All ‘cut-pile’ carpets are subject to ‘shading’ i.e. light and dark patches, caused by uneven crushing of the pile, known as ‘pile reversal’ and cannot be prevented. Also, pile flattening, matting and distortion in main walkways and around regularly used seating areas is not uncommon. Neither is detrimental to the wear of the carpet and is not a manufacturing fault or defect and will not be considered as a legitimate complaint for replacement.
11) Please be aware that some new carpets (especially those with a high wool content) will shed surplus fibres for some time after fitting, which could clog your cleaner. We recommend the use of an upright cleaner for cut pile carpets and a ‘suction’ type cleaner for loops.
12) Items of furniture placed on your new carpet will cause indentations. This is inevitable and unavoidable, regardless of the type & quality/price of carpet and underlay you have chosen.
13) Berber carpets use random blends of colours, which as a result, may give a lined effect. This characteristic will not affect the wearing properties of the carpet.
14) We are unable to guarantee an exact colour match on floor-coverings ordered at different times, as they will inevitably be from different batches. This will also apply to materials coming from different roll widths.
15) All floor-coverings are manufactured and cut to a tolerance of +/- 1.25% in accordance with BS3655. We cannot accept responsibility for this shortfall.
16) Carpets received direct from the factory are sometimes laid ‘unexamined’. It is rare, but on occasion a fault may only be spotted during the fitting process. We would like to apologise in advance if this is the case, as some inconvenience will inevitably result while the replacement is being obtained.
17) The fitting of carpet grippers, metal door strips and stair nosings etc. may necessitate nailing, screwing or drilling into floors. It is imperative that customers ensure they pre-warn fitters of any under floor gas or water pipes, electrical wiring or under floor heating systems as Hereward Carpets are unable to take responsibility in the event of damaged pipes etc.
18) Our fitters will endeavour to keep to your appointment, but factors beyond our control may occasionally cause delay. We will not be held liable for expenses or loss of income incurred from missed or late appointments.
19) If re-stretching becomes necessary within 12 months of fitting it will be carried out free of charge, otherwise a call-out charge will be made. If carpets have been uplifted due to leakages, remedial work to floorboards, access to telephone cables etc., a call-out charge will be made.
20) Due to the thickness of new carpets and underlay, doors may have to be removed. The trimming and refitting of the doors is specialised carpentry work and will be the responsibility of the customer.
21) Hereward Carpets will not consider any complaints of stains or marks in floor-coverings if reported more than 24hrs after installation.